DragonLance Chronicles Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The world of Krynn...in digital, interactive form.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Winterhawk Quest Bug Thread

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
winterhawk99

winterhawk99

Winterhawk Quest Bug Thread Empty
PostSubject: Winterhawk Quest Bug Thread   Winterhawk Quest Bug Thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2019 8:46 pm

I've made a number of quests for the Module and wanted to place a bug thread for everyone. Your chance to thump me on the head for mistakes Smile To which I will do my best to fix said bugs.

There are probably not as many bugs as lice on a turkey but there are most likely a few I miss. So this thread is everyone to let me know what to fix. Thanks

Current finished quests to be put into the mod next round of erfs.

Antquest fixes unless Black Rider or Samm followed the directions I posted to fix it.

Spider Thread quest (major)
Quickling Quest
Poem chest quest (small)
Bored baelnorn quest (small)
Ghost quest (major)

General Elven Crypt Death Trap. No not really a quest and not really a death trap Wink *crosses fingers behind back*
Back to top Go down
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
Black Rider
Admin
Black Rider

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Winterhawk Quest Bug Thread   Winterhawk Quest Bug Thread Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 2:16 pm

It is sticky now and the fixes to the Ant quest have not been made by me, because Di Camarii is still working with the mod.
Back to top Go down
winterhawk99

winterhawk99

PostSubject: Re: Winterhawk Quest Bug Thread   Winterhawk Quest Bug Thread Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 4:23 pm

Thanks Br

I'll take a look at the new mod with I receive it and fix anything needed.
Back to top Go down
winterhawk99

winterhawk99

PostSubject: Re: Winterhawk Quest Bug Thread   Winterhawk Quest Bug Thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 4:13 pm

update We have put in an elven crypt system that has many quests and one of the quests is tied to the ant colony.
we have also put in a ruby mine full of ogres. the quest on this system is not done yet. I'll work on it next weekend its a complicated quest with a lot of choices.
Back to top Go down
winterhawk99

winterhawk99

PostSubject: Re: Winterhawk Quest Bug Thread   Winterhawk Quest Bug Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 8:46 pm

I found some bugs in the convo nodes of the spinner-quest that ties into the quickling quest. Mostly missing scripts that are already in the mod but need to be placed in multi-convo strings because the stories split here and there with race and choices. My thief killed the quickling king before getting the quest from the necromancer. The necromancers convo has at least one other bug at the end.

I may work on this next weekend or since my newest ACME package of bird seed, shot, giant fans, and skate boards came in I might do some serious engineering. depends on my mood Smile
Back to top Go down
winterhawk99

winterhawk99

PostSubject: Re: Winterhawk Quest Bug Thread   Winterhawk Quest Bug Thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 3:50 pm

I have at least two bugs for the newest quests:

1. forgot to put the journal entries for the ghost quests.

2. reward script for the quickling/spinner quest is not put in so you cannot complete them.

They are pretty big bugs so i'll whip that out today.

(Edit by BR) Di Camarii is working on the mod so when I get the newest version will fix them permanently. for now I'll fix them in this mod and wait for his update. have lots of other things to do too like work more on the convo nodes of the ogre quests and I'll probably have to make a convo path flow chart so I can keep all the spits, stat checks and choices from getting all tangled up.

Journal entries are in and script should work for both possibilities of the ghost quest. BR could you check that the last entry is in Julian's Wife's quest and that 06_ghostquest07 is on actions taken on Julians line "No, my dear. It was this brave <nab/woman> that found your body...……………

The other quest bug should work in my version too, however the bug may be in the way you go about it. I may have to split the convo for the quests reward because some may not have spoken to spinner and simply have done the quickling quest without the thread.

Found the second bug. integer was set at 30 instead of 25 in the actions taken reward of the quickling quest.
Back to top Go down
winterhawk99

winterhawk99

PostSubject: Re: Winterhawk Quest Bug Thread   Winterhawk Quest Bug Thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 2:42 pm

EDIT (by BR)! Moved to the (non public) builders section!
Back to top Go down
Black Rider
Admin
Black Rider

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Winterhawk Quest Bug Thread   Winterhawk Quest Bug Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 3:37 am

EDIT! Moved to the (non public) builders section!
Back to top Go down
winterhawk99

winterhawk99

PostSubject: Re: Winterhawk Quest Bug Thread   Winterhawk Quest Bug Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 9:46 pm

Went several times in the ant tunnels to find that the ant egg sacs wont refill with eggs. I looked in the mod and it looks like the placement for the script that controls refilling the egg sacs is not in the script for the placeable. it is in the mod. If Samm would like to correct that would be nice if not when I get the mod back I pick it up and do it.

Instructions: 1. go to ant colony west.
2. Go to the placeables within the area listing.
3. there should be about 40-59 placeables called ant pupae on the list
4. bring up the scripts for each placeable and put 06_ant_refill in each box's on_open tab.

If you don't feel comfortable adding it Samm I can do it next cycle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winterhawk Quest Bug Thread   Winterhawk Quest Bug Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winterhawk Quest Bug Thread
Page 1 of 1