DragonLance Chronicles Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The world of Krynn...in digital, interactive form.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

spider quest fix.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
winterhawk99

winterhawk99

spider quest fix. Empty
PostSubject: spider quest fix.   spider quest fix. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2019 4:29 am

I worked hard this week on my novel finishing chapter 18 and put aside the newest mod until today. Today I fixed up the spider quest. its entwined with several other quests in the elven crypt system. Its not an easy quest at all and you get 1,000 xp and a suit of armor for it. (yes you can pick from cloth, light, medium and heavy.)

the problem was twofold. One I made a syntax error on some of the strings of the quest since they were conditional movers of plot and journal entries they didn't show up as syntax errors. they are fixed. The other problem is I had to add a conditional to a script so that the if you haven't gotten the spider quest you can still do a necromancer quest. So I tested it one way. if you get the spider quest you will now be able to get the reward.

I have not tested it the other way which is you speak to the necromancer and haven't the spider then you get his reward but not the item the spider needs.

One thing I need to add to even get the spider quest you need to know the animal language. There is a language teacher now in Solace. Its the head of the mage school. I added a language learning script some time ago to her conversation string.

I still have a few days before I have to leave for work. will try to add another quest before sending the mod to Black Rider.
Back to top Go down
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
Black Rider
Admin
Black Rider

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

spider quest fix. Empty
PostSubject: Re: spider quest fix.   spider quest fix. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2019 6:22 am

MANY THANKS for your work! cheers
Back to top Go down

spider quest fix.
Page 1 of 1