DragonLance Chronicles Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The world of Krynn...in digital, interactive form.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SUGGESTION BOX

Go down 
+6
Black Rider
kyre
maggie0184
Issac
DM Di Camarii
Armageddon
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Armageddon
Admin
Armageddon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

SUGGESTION BOX Empty
PostSubject: SUGGESTION BOX   SUGGESTION BOX Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 11:49 am

Here is an opportunity for players to express wishes as to content of the module..

Primarily we would like to hear about Areas / Characters / Items you would like to see or feel are an important part of a DragonLance mod.

Major / Primary locations that are integral to any DL module will be added ( Palanthas / Solace / Neraka etc )
All Gods and primary chars will be created for use in RP / story progression.
Items like the sword of Kith Kanan or the Disks of Mishakal will not be something you find on the body of a goblin you have killed. So suggestions will need to be realistic and conform to the low / med magic setting.

Other suggestions for content in the mod can be added but please keep this thread solely as a suggestion for content. If you wish to discuss other aspects then please open a new thread.

Thx
Back to top Go down
https://dlcr.forumotion.net
DM Di Camarii
Admin
DM Di Camarii

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

SUGGESTION BOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION BOX   SUGGESTION BOX Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 11:56 am

i want a "Sword of Scorp" - deals +20 grouchiness damage with a +10 to old fart.
Back to top Go down
Issac

Issac

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

SUGGESTION BOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION BOX   SUGGESTION BOX Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 5:03 pm

lol

I'd like to see quests attached to "grinding" areas where you can have an rp reason for going back and forth. most simple quests like this you can do with a few conversations and lilac soul's script generator.
Back to top Go down
DM Di Camarii
Admin
DM Di Camarii

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

SUGGESTION BOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION BOX   SUGGESTION BOX Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 6:33 pm

we are making a mod here that does not include grinding if at all possible, there are many layers to a players ability to gain xp but it is a low magic/low xp/slow build mod where it is going to be an amazing feat to make it to lvl 40, we are trying to bring back the old feeling that you got in pnp when you finally reached that higher lvl and gained much for it.

quests are the domain of DM's and QM's which the design of this mod, with its many areas and possibilities, is all about small to medium to large and ongoing quests, a player may find that he/she can gain 500xp through a simple collection quest given on the spot by a dm/qm or may find themselves drawn into a major conflict overseen by many dm/qm's and guild members.

samm
Back to top Go down
maggie0184

maggie0184

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

SUGGESTION BOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION BOX   SUGGESTION BOX Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 7:27 pm

so you will have npc's handing out quest?
Back to top Go down
DM Di Camarii
Admin
DM Di Camarii

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

SUGGESTION BOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION BOX   SUGGESTION BOX Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:26 pm

it isn't only my say or decision but if it were i would say no.
Back to top Go down
maggie0184

maggie0184

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

SUGGESTION BOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION BOX   SUGGESTION BOX Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:19 pm

Why not it would only help people level and get to know their way around the server.
Back to top Go down
DM Di Camarii
Admin
DM Di Camarii

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

SUGGESTION BOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION BOX   SUGGESTION BOX Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:14 pm

in my opinion that is the job of the dm/qm's and the design of the mod itself, also, there are rewards for traveling as in the past dlco, 100 xp for each new area you visit.

cookie cutter quests bother me because they immediately destroy the players "suspension of disbelief" and make it harder to believe you are in a world you should invest in and care about. plus, rp rewards will far out-weigh any grinding that people may be able to accomplish through repeating quests and lvling areas.

the plan is to have dm/qm's be very hands on but run many small one time quests alongside the larger plots. such smaller quests could include such as " farmer john needs his barn cleared of rats + 500 xp and 100 gp" this is the same as the kind of quest that might be scripted but due to it being run by a dm/qm it will always happen in different areas and at random times.

samm
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

SUGGESTION BOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION BOX   SUGGESTION BOX Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:35 am

I would say the opposite Sam...while i know fixed quests area little cheesey and contrived they do add a little depth to the server and can give low lvls a sense of achieving things without killing everything in sight.Also with people on different timezones and busy working we cant always be on when dm's are around so they can give a (albeit slightly false Smile ) sense of rp,where just grind grind grind is,especially after years of doing it,just plain boring.
Just my tuppennce worth
Martin
Back to top Go down
Armageddon
Admin
Armageddon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

SUGGESTION BOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION BOX   SUGGESTION BOX Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 7:31 am

I am really pleased with the input here, fair and justified points of veiw from all.

So in addition to whats already been said.

I am not against stand alone quests issued from NPC's for 3 reasons.
1st as is mentioned there may not be a DM about and players want things to do.
2nd as mentioned players " like " stand alone quests and those that dont agree can opt not to do them
3rd and i think this is most relevant.. if the stand alone quest, for example, is to find Farmer Samm, speak to him, get details of the evil Scorp monster that has stolen his favourite pair of hand knitted under garments, go fight the Scorp monster and retrieve the woolen shorts for Farmer Samm. take the shorts to Farmer Samm to gain EXP / GOLD and most important a token that once gained denies the char from doing this quest again.. the block could be permanent so chars get a 1 time only chance,, or it could be once per server reset.. Options with the scripting are varied but as long as the quest cant be repeated time and time again in a short period of time an element of RP realism is present,, Who knows,, the Evil Scorp monster may come back and steal the Woolen under garments a second time.

Back to top Go down
maggie0184

maggie0184

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

SUGGESTION BOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION BOX   SUGGESTION BOX Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 2:13 pm

now if we can get a few more people to agree with the advantages of having npc quest's it would be worth while looking into if you ask me and a few others.

I know Samm you are not a willing partner but Scorp did bring up a few good points that I agree with, look at it this way some people are not always willing to partner up with others to rp with, me for one some days I just want to be alone

Maggs
Back to top Go down
Armageddon
Admin
Armageddon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

SUGGESTION BOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION BOX   SUGGESTION BOX Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:10 pm

To be fair, its not a case of what Samm thinks or what I think.. we are part of a Team, we have worked together for some time on this mod and on others.
We want to make a realistic and enjoyable module that people tell their friends about. Somewhere that ALL DragonLance fans can visit and really feel part of the storylines and the setting.
The input we get from the players new and old is vital in helping the build team to create a mod that the majority will want to play on each time they double click the NWN icon.
Back to top Go down
Issac

Issac

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

SUGGESTION BOX Empty
PostSubject: farmer samm   SUGGESTION BOX Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:12 pm

with starting conditionals in the Farmer samm's conversation you can have him give a different quest each time also you can set a local variable on the player, so you dont need an item and if you want to be fancy you can use journal entries. I'm in the midst of quite a bit of script work right now in my spare time, but if you like i'll write up a tutorial that will show you how to use Lilac soul's script generator to do this once you do it one time you will see how easy it is and you can all write scripts and quests in your repective areas.

I would say with the script generator maybee your looking at 2 hours or so to make each quest (including planning conversations, and testing them).

Issac
Back to top Go down
Armageddon
Admin
Armageddon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

SUGGESTION BOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION BOX   SUGGESTION BOX Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 8:25 pm

Thx Issac.

a lot depends on which way we go and if quests will be added..

and more importantly,, 2 hours for you maybe.. it would probably take me 2 weeks and still be wrong..

lol!
Back to top Go down
Black Rider
Admin
Black Rider

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

SUGGESTION BOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION BOX   SUGGESTION BOX Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 1:13 am

This didcussion is great! Good input from all sides! And thanks, Isaac, for your offer. I've done this questgiving (with using local variables), but that was quiet a while ago (a few years now) and it was for a stand alone mod. So, I'm not sure, if this works on a pers. server.
Well, as written, this is not decided, yet and (IMO) it won't be a feat right away, if we get it up, cause the core has to run smoothly first (again IMO).
BUT, if you are totally bored (Isaac), maybe you can write something up, so I don't have to dig up all my sunken knowledge on the techniques!
Laughing
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

SUGGESTION BOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION BOX   SUGGESTION BOX Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 11:23 am

I've got a suggestion...what does everyone think of setting the server after the War is over and the Knightsof Takhisis are formed?
This era is far far less dm intensive which in my experience to get he best out of playing the War out to a conclusion needs lots of dm input and a consistant player base with quite a few players.
On a more personal level i sooooo miss playing a Knight of Takky my personal fav guild ever Very Happy
Discuss
Martin
Back to top Go down
EgoTroll

EgoTroll

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

SUGGESTION BOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION BOX   SUGGESTION BOX Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 7:50 pm

I've always thought that WotL is a bit difficult era to start from 'cause of... well... what Kyre said. It needs a good playerbase, active DM's and a lot of work in the end. Plus there is so much canon written about WotL that it's almost overwhelming. Using alternative timeline of course makes it easier but it also wipes out a big part of most important events in the history of Krynn and to be honest I've always loved how the events of the war went and everything that happened.

Going back in time, a lot before WotL, or starting after it's over would surely make things... different. Most DL servers after all are about the WotL era. Not a -BAD- suggestion in any way IMHO.
Back to top Go down
DM Evenstar
Admin
DM Evenstar

Character sheet
Character Name: Johan Jorumus
Race: Human
Class: Fighter

SUGGESTION BOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION BOX   SUGGESTION BOX Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:30 am

We're doing something a little different, here. Alternative is what you make it. I've recommended an approach that encourages an alternative story (yours) within the folds of the Dragonlance Cannon.

That is to say, How will YOUR character affect the war. What tales of legend will you add to Astinus' Book?

Were the "companions" the ONLY adventurers to affect the fate of Krynn during those times? I think NOT!

Otik had other friends...Old Pig Faced William had other friends too.

The "jist" of it is that we (I hope I speak for all) want this mod to be like walking into a completely interactive, full collection of Dragonlance Modules/Novels/comic books, where we can roll up our own Knights/Mages/Kender and have a good old fashioned D&D adventure in Krynn.

That is not to say we will "play out the books." That's not it, although, I'm certain that we will use those events to fuel our own stories (How would YOU get out of Pax Tharkas? Would you survive below the fighting dragons? Could you evade the Dragonarmies? What would YOU do if Draconians burned Solace to the ground?)

As far as Moving into the Age of Mortals, I'm all for it as forward progress! But, ultimately, we're going to start in Chronicles.
Back to top Go down
Tiny Gnomie

Tiny Gnomie

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

SUGGESTION BOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION BOX   SUGGESTION BOX Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 2:23 pm

An-Marcach wrote:
So we announce, that we will have the standard DragonLance races (Qualinesti, Silvanesti, Kagonesti, Kender, Hill Dwarf, Mountain Dwarf), each with customized properties.

Woot? No Gully Dwarves? Sad
Back to top Go down
Black Rider
Admin
Black Rider

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

SUGGESTION BOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION BOX   SUGGESTION BOX Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 5:45 pm

lol!
Ehhh... The script could handle it...

WOW! Think of an epic Gully Dwarf!
Shocked

Well, we have to discuss it...
scratch
Back to top Go down
DM Di Camarii
Admin
DM Di Camarii

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

SUGGESTION BOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION BOX   SUGGESTION BOX Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:03 pm

gully dwarves would be cool in my mind but realistically speaking they don't often tend to venture away from their caves and hovels, fearful little dirtbags as they are. but it is never off the table so to speak, down the road if players want to play a gully dwarf then it will likely happen, but for now we want to cover what most often gets played and then mvoe onto specials.

as to the alternative time line, i am against that obviously as i think we can have a lot of fun choosing sides and battling out the war of the lance, though there are alot of other DL servers running this time line i feel we will have them all soundly beat and with siege systems, dragonfights (coming to DLCR knock on wood) i think it would be killer to go back through that timeline. plus we are many many areas into the build and as all know we hold a very high attention to detail and storytelling through area design, for instance, caergoth at this time would be a little run down, being as knights are not in favor and all solamnic cities would be kind of like that. later down the road when the war is over rebuilding efforts will start and cities will enter a new glorious era. but to go from bad to good you have to start with bad, aka war.

i totally understand the desire to play a KOT though, had one years ago on another DL server and loved playing the evil knight with honor. it won't be too too long before we get to that point.

i see all your points on quests and i think your right, we will have them in the mod but they will not be a large part of the mod i hope, but a small quest in each town and city for the noobs would be helpful and as always it is the voice of the players that truly choose these things so if they are wanted we will add them.
Back to top Go down
Tiny Gnomie

Tiny Gnomie

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

SUGGESTION BOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION BOX   SUGGESTION BOX Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:44 pm

Gnomie has a suggestion: Let's plaay! bounce
I've done with school soon and then I will have too much time. So yes? Play? *blink*
Back to top Go down
Black Rider
Admin
Black Rider

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

SUGGESTION BOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION BOX   SUGGESTION BOX Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:46 am

Good idea! Check out the "Public Progress"-posts. Wink
Back to top Go down
Cuthlain

Cuthlain

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

SUGGESTION BOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION BOX   SUGGESTION BOX Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 7:16 pm

Howdy!
so im a veteran of the old DLCO, loved the mod immensley but had to quit due to brutal RL experiences.

Anywho, i can't bring up NWN just yet and i'd like to check the build rules. is there anyway to easily post them before i start a char?

hopefully i will be able to locate my CD keys soon and see yall server-side shortly Smile .
Back to top Go down
Black Rider
Admin
Black Rider

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

SUGGESTION BOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION BOX   SUGGESTION BOX Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 3:10 pm

Well, hi there ansd welcome!
Since the mod is a totally new build and we were/are still beta, cause we are still building and testing (though, since everything behaves quiet well, we might leave this stage soon), no official toon-build rules have been set up, yet.
But I can say this: This mod does NOT aim for power-builds. RP should be the main way to gain. During the beta-stage, you can explore quit a bit. So maybe, for a beginning, you choose nothing too special/spectacular as a build, so you will be on the safe side Wink .
But I will ask around for ideas/opinions within the staff.

Regarding your NWN: Maybe you have an old COMPLETE backup of your NWN-game folder. If you lost your CDs, you can just copy the whole directory to your new PC. It may quarrel upon the first few starts, caus the program cannot determine its version, but it will launch and after a few starts, it will quit quarreling.
Within the NWN-directory, the CD-keys are stored in a key-file, which can be viewed with a simple editor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SUGGESTION BOX Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION BOX   SUGGESTION BOX Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SUGGESTION BOX
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next