DragonLance Chronicles Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The world of Krynn...in digital, interactive form.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kadesh Brother of the Horn

Go down 
AuthorMessage
winterhawk99

winterhawk99

Kadesh Brother of the Horn Empty
PostSubject: Kadesh Brother of the Horn   Kadesh Brother of the Horn Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 8:27 am

Breath, Hold, Exhale slowly.
Breath, Hold, Exhale.
Emperor. He say strength is not in body nor knowledge. Strength is in understanding.
Breath, Hold, Exhale.
leave thoughts unfocused so that new understanding emerges.
Honor, integrity, unity the forces that when brought bare cannot be defeated even in death.
Breath, Hold, Exhale.
We the people of the Emperor. We are unlike our brothers of the Blood sea. The senseless slaughters of the circus. Yes, we have a circus but not until death. The defeated walk away still with honor. Those of the circus they know weapons. Need weapons. They do not know the body is in itself a weapon that once forged is unstoppable. But why one needs make a weapon when peace is goal?
Breath, Hold, Exhale.
Lasting peace only comes from strength that is the lesson of the Emperor. This, This is understanding.
Breath, Hold, Exhale.

After morning meditation the young bull walks up to the temples stairs and waits. Presently an older bull in black robes walks up to him. The young bull bows respectfully.
"I have solved the riddle of the Emperor, master."
"Have you Kadesh? How many times have you stood upon these stairs and proclaimed that you have solved the riddle?
"This time, Master I am sure."
"Go on then."
"Lasting peace can only be achieved through strength and understanding of both body, mind and soul master. Whether this be in ones self or a community. This is why we train tirelessly. This is why the enemies of justice fear when clan takes the battlefield for they know that through our strengths in these things we cannot be conquered."
The old bull smiles a rarity for one of his caste, "You have solved the riddle Kadesh. The temple can teach you no more. For you to become a teach now you must walk the world and learn its lessons. I will happily walk with you during the ceremony into the enclave and be the first to call you brother.

The two walk inside. A ceremony begins. The young bulls horns are carved with ringed grooves and molten silver is placed within the graves. He is given new robes and a walking stave. The master walks up to him.
"How do you feel brother Kadesh?"
"Elated master, It has taken many years of study."
The old master laughs, "I am no longer your master Kadesh. I am your brother. You may call me by my rightful name Nesh. Have you thought about where you will start your walk of wisdom?"
"Yes, Brother Nesh. I will start my walk in Ansalon."
The old bull looks surprised, "A brave start. Not many would venture to a place where misunderstanding of our clan would cause strife. I will schedule a ship for you. Come back when you have learned all you can. Show us that you have mastered understanding of the races and you will take our place as each generation must replace the next."
"Thank you brother Nesh. I will pack my things. Long life and unity to you."
"May the emperor watch over you on your journey my brother."
The two swing their heads clacking their right horns together and then they depart. Each to his own ends.
Back to top Go down
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com

Kadesh Brother of the Horn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DragonLance Chronicles Reborn :: DLCR Storybook :: Character Backgrounds-
Jump to: