DragonLance Chronicles Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The world of Krynn...in digital, interactive form.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Posting your character's background and stories on the forums

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
winterhawk99

winterhawk99

Posting your character's background and stories on the forums Empty
PostSubject: Posting your character's background and stories on the forums   Posting your character's background and stories on the forums Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2018 3:48 am

Ok, I'm at work and have no access to the game until Saturday. That is why I haven't been online since sunday. Black Rider knows my situation.

Disclaimer: I'm pretty far into a bottle of crown royal so if I offend anyone delete this post because I am about to rant. you are welcome to delete it if its too much

I know I haven't been on the server very long but I have seen at least 5 other players online while I have RPed. The question is where are the pc backgrounds and continuing stories of everyone's PC. I've been a Dm, and player of table top gaming since the early 80s. I've been a world owner, custom content maker, Dm and player since NWN came out in 2001. All my experience says that you need an active forum within a game. Written content to make the world you created affable to people who are looking for a good world to play on.

If you are playing on a server you should post all your pcs backgrounds and continuing stories on the forums. The reasons for this is it attracts potential players to your server. The deeper the story is, The more involved a story is the more it will attract players and not only players but good players. You have to take a good look at your forums and see them for what they are: An advertisement to future potential players. The more you post in Rp the more it will attract new players to your world. In three weeks I have seen absolutely 0 posts except for my own. It doesn't matter if you are a good writer or not. Do your best to post your story. If you want more friends to play with. If you want a vibrant and functioning RPG. You need to post as much as you can to show people how much fun you are having playing in this world.

Ok, done with my rant PS I don't hold Black Rider, Rattle or any DM responsible for any of these grievances. This is a player rant. You should be proud of your Rp and the character you carefully Created. Show the world that and you may find out you have new players to go on adventures with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
HDM Rattle

HDM Rattle

Character sheet
Character Name: Rattle
Race: Dragon
Class: Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Posting your character's background and stories on the forums   Posting your character's background and stories on the forums Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2018 10:00 pm

Hey winterhawk99 and thank you for you rant.

The reason for 0 posts is because we are currently in the middle of a relaunch, as I have told you, and the RP staff (me) is working on the timeline and setting info. We don't have anything to publish yet, and that is why our current players haven't posted anything on the forums: They don't know where we stand, necessary info has not been given and changes have not been made, because the staff is busy. I haven't had the time to clean up the forums and update them yet, since I'm dealing with too much real life misfortune right now. I am quite frankly too exhausted right now. It is 4 am and I am still up doing backlog, maybe that tells something...

Also, it has been exceptionally hot weather recently in our country, we just can't brain right now.

Maybe be more polite next time. Our players don't deserve to be attacked just because they are waiting for the DMs to do their jobs. I am doing my best, and they even more.

[Just to give a heads up, I will be busy this weekend and probably completely unable to log in.]
Back to top Go down
winterhawk99

winterhawk99

PostSubject: Re: Posting your character's background and stories on the forums   Posting your character's background and stories on the forums Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 1:43 am

Sorry about that Rattle. I will be more polite on my Occasion rants and try to stay off the forums when I've had a couple of doubles on ice.

Also apologies to the players.
Back to top Go down
http://www.harvestmoonconsortium.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Posting your character's background and stories on the forums   Posting your character's background and stories on the forums Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Posting your character's background and stories on the forums
Page 1 of 1