DragonLance Chronicles Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The world of Krynn...in digital, interactive form.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A new path

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mahren

Mahren

A new path Empty
PostSubject: A new path   A new path Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:16 pm

As the sun rises higher into the sky, the young man takes a last look towards the village. He smiles softly and starts moving away, with lighter steps than before.

It was an accidental meeting on the road that showed him a way here. His heart and mind were clouded with dark thoughts, wearing him down so much that even a stranger was able to see it. Truthfully, he wasn’t sure would this so called wise woman be able to help him. But he had nothing to lose. So he had gone to see her. And he had found new resolve by doing so.

He had told the old woman of his troubled thoughts. About the path he had lost, if he even had one to begin with. How he had finally taken the chance to get rid of the walls that hold him back, only to be plunged in a world that was more frightening and glorious he had ever imagined. He spoke of the people he had met and the uneasiness that some of them brought to his heart. There were things he would have liked to forget, names he wished he had never heard, but they plagued his mind constantly. One that brought great dread and other that filled him with soft curiosity. He did not belief in it all, but at the same time he wanted to know more.

Even when the wise woman had not been able to give him the answers he wanted, she had helped him to find a new path. It probably wouldn’t be easy one and was still mostly cloaked in mystery. But that didn’t matter. What mattered was that now he had an aim in life.

The young man is startled from his thoughts by a bandit ambush. With a smirk he readies himself for the fight. It appears that he went to the wrong direction again. But it does not bother him. He is used of getting lost and finding trouble. As long as his heart has a path to follow he will always find a way out.

So let’s start with small steps. Gather the loot and get some coins. Try to find some better equipment for a journey that could be a long one. Then ask around for information, find a place where old knowledge is held and seek for answers.

“After that”, Seros Wyne says out loud to himself as he wipes the blood from his blade. “I will decide the next step and figure out if this truly is the path that I want to see to the end.”
Back to top Go down
Armageddon
Admin
Armageddon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

A new path Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new path   A new path Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 2:10 pm

Nice post.. full of mystery and possibility Smile
Back to top Go down
https://dlcr.forumotion.net
Mahren

Mahren

A new path Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new path   A new path Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 12:30 pm

And to continue a bit... Laughing 

Later.

A dark horse watches the young human sitting on the cave floor, a small journal in his hands and face frowned in concentration. The animal has waited patiently, but is now getting restless. She nudges the man with her head, neighing softly.

Seros lifts his gaze from the book and smiles to his horse, petting her gently. “Sorry Melia. I know you don’t like being here. But I couldn’t leave you outside to that weather either. Just wait a bit longer, alright?”

The horse huffs and eyes her human disapprovingly, but she seems to understand and calms again.

Smile disappears from Seros’ face as he turns back to his journal. After leaving home he has taken the habit of writing down all that has happened. Places he has been. People he has met. Small and big incidents, some happy and some less so…

Only lately he has not been able to put his thoughts into paper. It usually helps him concentrate. And make sure he does not forget things. But now he is just fiddling with the pages, drawing shapes and crossing over words. The business with the elves, the mysterious staff, his conversation with Ember… All that has happened recently forms one big mess in his head.

“I really am lousy at this whole thinking business.” He says suddenly, making Melia flick her ears to his direction. With a sighs he gets up and puts the journal away. “I deal with things as they come across me. Doing what feels right at the moment. Even when they don’t feel like smart decisions later.”

He takes hold of Melia’s reins and begins to move outside. The rain has stopped.

“War is really coming then…” Seros mutters quietly. So Ember had said. And still he could not quite believe it yet. Or more accurately; he didn’t want to believe it.

But it didn’t help to stand idly around and wait what was to be. He needed to keep moving forward. And besides; he had a place to go to.

“So girl… Shall we find out a way to Tarsis?”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A new path Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new path   A new path Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new path
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DragonLance Chronicles Reborn :: DLCR Storybook :: Pre-354 RP [Locked] :: DLCR Storybook - pre 354 :: RP Posts-
Jump to: