DragonLance Chronicles Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The world of Krynn...in digital, interactive form.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Coming Storm

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Armageddon
Admin
Armageddon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

The Coming Storm Empty
PostSubject: The Coming Storm   The Coming Storm Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 4:52 pm

" Gravestone " walks around the tree that holds the Inn of the Last Home and watches the people of Solace going about their daily business. Wearing an old cloak and a hood he easily blends in with the locals. When all seems quiet and few folk even notice him he slips a small silver dagger from his belt and swiftly carves the emblem of a dragon into the bark of the mighty Vallenwood tree. Cutting deeply so that the pale flesh of the tree is visible to someone that actually looks for it. Finishing his task he returns the blade to his belt and casually walks away to the smithy. To anyone in the area he looks like any normal fellow off to buy a new set of horse shoes or something equally inocent. Should any of the humble townsfolk get close they may of heard him whisper " two days and she will be one of us. just two days ".. As he enters the door to the smithy a chill wind blows across the town and dark clouds filled with rain roll in from the East.
Back to top Go down
https://dlcr.forumotion.net
Tiny Gnomie

Tiny Gnomie

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

The Coming Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Coming Storm   The Coming Storm Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 7:33 am

As the good people of Solace sleep, a hooded figure walks closer to the vallenwood tree. It eyes around warily, making sure there's no one around. Slowly it examines the vallenwood closely, and finds the carved emblem of a dragon.

"The dragon... Just as he told."

The figure takes out a bottle and starts to coat the emblem with oil. Glancing over its shoulder the figure makes certain that the emblem is carefully oiled, before it takes out a tinderbox.

"This is it... There's no looking back."

The hooded being watches as the oil catches fire and how the emblem burns. For a while it looks like the flames are going to spread out to the vallenwood. The hooded one doesn't seem to bother itself about that.

Before anyone notices the burning side of the mighty tree, the arsonist is gone.
Back to top Go down
Armageddon
Admin
Armageddon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

The Coming Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Coming Storm   The Coming Storm Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:20 am

The following morning " Gravestone " returns to the base of the tree and examines the carving. A slight smile crosses his lips as he traces his finger across the ashen remains of the small section of tree. He climbed on to his horse and dug his spurs deep in to the animals flanks. At great speed he passed out of Solace on the way to his home where he could relay the message to his mistress.
Back to top Go down
Armageddon
Admin
Armageddon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

The Coming Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Coming Storm   The Coming Storm Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 7:33 am

It was a day like any other, The pathways around Solace were busy with the usual comings and goings of the townsfolk, nothing seemed out of the ordinary.
Lord Diesel found himself leaning against a tree observing what appeared to be a very attractive and shapely barbarian woman wearing clothes more suited to a warmer climate. Whilst admiring the womans physique he felt a hand rest gently on his shoulder. Turning quickly, his hand moving swiftly to the sword hanging at his side he was shocked to find no-one there. His mind quickly came to the conclusion that magic was at work and someone was cloaked with a form of invisibility spell.
In an instant his world turned to blackness and he was magically transported to place he knew only too well. As his vision cleared he relaxed his hand away from the sword knowing the weapon was useless and that he had no need to draw the sword that has taken so many lives.
The Dark Queen, Takhisis stood before him in the form of a beautiful raven haired woman, beautiful but cruel with an aura of pure malice and evil. Takhisis spoke with Lord Diesel for some time. Explaining in detail what she expected of her most loyal servant and the price of failure if he did not complete the tasks she has set for him. Death was something many feared, but death was only the first part of the horror the Queen would deliver to anyone that displeased her.
Lord Diesel asured the Queen that he would carry out her wishes and no one would stand in the way of the Queens great plans.
The Queen then instructed Diesel to kneel before her. As she moved closer. On his knees Lord Diesel waited to see if the Queen still favoured him or if he was to join the countless tortured souls struck down by the Queen. The Queen spoke and the words filled Lord Diesel with elation and yet also filled him with the knowledge that a great burden was being placed on his shoulders.
" You will create and lead a vast, invincible army, you will use the forces at your disposal to carry out my will, do the things i ask, find the things i seek and destroy ALL that oppose my will. I require a Blue Dragon Highlord and i offer you the position ".
Diesel knew he could not refuse, nor did he want to. He would be one of the most powerful men in the land, He would lead an army so vast that entire regions of Krynn would bow to his might.
Looking up he stared directly into the eyes of his Queen and said " I accept my Queen. I shall not fail you. the world will worship you or they will die ".
The Queen smiled and as she did the world went black once more and Diesel found himself on the outskirts of town, nothing looked much different to when he left, the people still went about their business, oblivious to the fact that a godess had visited their humble little town. Only those that actually knew what to look for could see the change.. On Lord Diesel's armoured chest was a small emblem, about the size of a mans hand was a Blue Dragon. Those around with exceptional eyesight might even have noticed the eye of the Dragon as it blinked in the sunlight....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Coming Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Coming Storm   The Coming Storm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Coming Storm
Page 1 of 1