DragonLance Chronicles Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The world of Krynn...in digital, interactive form.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hacking attempt?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DM Evenstar
Admin
DM Evenstar

Character sheet
Character Name: Johan Jorumus
Race: Human
Class: Fighter

Hacking attempt? Empty
PostSubject: Hacking attempt?   Hacking attempt? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:39 am

So, we're here to have fun in a cool, safe environment.

We're all friends.

That said - an attempt was made to to hack the server with a trojan horse virus at 5:33 Eastern time tonight.

I am delighted to report that the anti-virus and firewall functioned as they should and logged the sender's remote ip address. I'm sure that by sending this information to the appropriate authorities, I could really ruin someone's day. I will not be going there...just yet.

I will instead, simply ask for such activities to cease and desist immediately. If you are angry at us for some reason or do not enjoy our style of play - there are 5000 other NWN channels to choose from. Please, do not hesitate to find them.

If you are all-in for good, honest RP with mature players, on a well-designed server that is true to the Dragonlance map and style of role play - you are more than welcome. I will hug you when you get here.

The server will continue to grow and develop and we willl be adding another layer of security to it - for the safety and comfort of our players and DMs.

Thanks for your kind attention.
Evenstar
Back to top Go down
EgoTroll

EgoTroll

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

Hacking attempt? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hacking attempt?   Hacking attempt? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:15 am

*claps hands and cheers*
Back to top Go down
DM Evenstar
Admin
DM Evenstar

Character sheet
Character Name: Johan Jorumus
Race: Human
Class: Fighter

Hacking attempt? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hacking attempt?   Hacking attempt? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 12:26 pm

I tired very hard to be nice. You only get one shot to do the right thing - I don't bluff.

I am posting this here because I know the virus uploader checks this forum - I know this, because I have their IP ADDRESS and a match to the machine that connect to the server just before the forced restart - You came in through a gamespy port.

NOW - The information and logs ARE being e-mailed, with an official complaint (I will press charges, given the opportunity) to the US FBI (really - I know a guy). I assume (as well you should mr./mrs. nasty) that they will paying you a visit in the near to distant future.

I don't understand why you persisted. There is no credit card info on this network- no useable or profitable information. It only contains games and things I've written - and now - You have commit 2 International felonies over a GAME.

Enjoy the investigation and sleepless nights - while I recover and and re-load the server (about an hour).

We're here to have some good clean fun - sorry you needed to ruin your life over the jealousy of that. Be nice to your cell-mate, you sad sad loser.

This server must be pretty awesome for you to be so jealous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hacking attempt? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hacking attempt?   Hacking attempt? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hacking attempt?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DragonLance Chronicles Reborn :: General :: Archive - Old Server Postings (before EE)-
Jump to: