DragonLance Chronicles Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The world of Krynn...in digital, interactive form.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Horse Problems

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DM Evenstar
Admin
DM Evenstar

Character sheet
Character Name: Johan Jorumus
Race: Human
Class: Fighter

Horse Problems Empty
PostSubject: Horse Problems   Horse Problems Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 5:53 pm

These are our wos with regards to our horses.

A horse system, which seemed really good (and was - at the time that we accepted it) that was an overwriting .erf file. ie- it completely overwrote the standard horse system, in favor of this one. This brings with it - good and bad.

The problem ensues - that before we realized that there was a problem - several critical builds were scripted around THIS particular horse script. Doors - Death - lots of stuff...

SO here's what DLCR players should know about the horses.

They are perpetual...your horse is your horse - unto and beyond death. The only way to get rid of it - is to drop or trade your deed.

You have to hitch your horse up in a town and leave it there before combat, unless you plan to fight on horseback.

KNOW THIS - If there is a client crash (your NWN crashes) while on horseback, and you log back in - you will come in as a dwarf. The only fix is leto or server reset. Sorry. We didn't catch the problem soon enough.

I recommend that player's, in general, stay away from the horses until the author of this horse script gets off of his tail-end and completes his work. If you feel it urgent to have horses (knights) please be careful to tie them up whenever you get a chance and only use them when needed for RP. Otherwise, be prepared for nasty (and annoying) consequences.
Back to top Go down
DM Di Camarii
Admin
DM Di Camarii

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

Horse Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Problems   Horse Problems Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 6:43 pm

good points john,
one thing i have found and it might not remain this way or be consistent, that is if you log in as a dwarf because of a horse issue you can log back out, then back in and it usually fixes itself, i have tried this several dozen times and seems to work okay.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider
Admin
Black Rider

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

Horse Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Problems   Horse Problems Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:08 pm

I was just checking the bug-section and saw, that the above mentioned info is outdated.

Exclamation The "dwarf-bug-issue" has been solved! Exclamation

But I have not tested yet (I forgot...) what will happen, if you decide to mount a dragon (in the dragonrider demo-area) while mounted on a horse. I believe, this could lead to the NWN-dwarf-bug!

So: Dismount your horse in front of the "glowing" sign before you decide to ride a dragon. (This way, you will pass the trigger, which manages your shape in your true shape and all will be fine.)
Back to top Go down
Black Rider
Admin
Black Rider

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

Horse Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Problems   Horse Problems Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 1:25 pm

Dragonrider demo:
Just tested! No dwarfing! If you mount a dragon while mounted on a horse and then try to leave the area (=automatic dismount of the dragon), you will appear mounted on your horse again. Smile
Back to top Go down
Black Rider
Admin
Black Rider

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

Horse Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Problems   Horse Problems Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:01 am

BD found something new: Do not dismount on a ship. The horse stays on the ship! I'm not sure, what happenes, if you enter the ship dismounted. I have to check that.
But I think, if you log off and on again, your horse will appear next to you again. This will have to be tested.
Back to top Go down
Breathless_Dragon
Admin
Breathless_Dragon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

Horse Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Problems   Horse Problems Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:58 am

I depends on whether the horse is following you (i.e. is one of your henchmen) or if you simply dismount. If the horse is following you it will come with you to the destination (I have tested this). If you dismount aboard ship, do not talk to the horse and set it to follow, then talk to the captain and end the trip - then your horse will get stuck.

Best advise is to NOT dismount. Just stay mounted if you board while mounted.

BD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Horse Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Problems   Horse Problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Horse Problems
Page 1 of 1