DragonLance Chronicles Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The world of Krynn...in digital, interactive form.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Timeline for startup

Go down 
+9
EgoTroll
Issac
DM Di Camarii
Tiny Gnomie
DM Evenstar
MacGlum
DM Aurora
Armageddon
kyre
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
EgoTroll

EgoTroll

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

Timeline for startup - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeline for startup   Timeline for startup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:56 pm

Tested it out too and I was able to see it and get in. I'm missing the hak's also but so far so good Wink
Back to top Go down
DM Di Camarii
Admin
DM Di Camarii

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Timeline for startup   Timeline for startup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 2:26 pm

whoops, sorry kyre, i shut it down the exact second you logged in....i was confirming as your name popped up....

anyways, we have had a few tests now and i want to get some things done so i can host it and players have a few places to go at least. might be able to rehost it tonight but certainly we will be ready for full time testing this weekend.

thanks for all who tested and confirmed the servers hosting is okay here in this thread and hope to see you in there tonight.

samm
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Timeline for startup   Timeline for startup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 2:30 pm

Np man...just checking on the haks....mirkwood being a pain but i'll get there.....still need skyboxes for some reason thought they were taken out?
Back to top Go down
DM Di Camarii
Admin
DM Di Camarii

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Timeline for startup   Timeline for startup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 2:47 pm

thats part of the reason i took that version down, was an old one i was working off of to build areas.

mirkwood was a pain for me too, could never get all three haks to behave right in the folder, i can't remember what i did in the end....lol, if i do i will post it here or maybe some one else who had the same issue can post.

thanks for testing as well kyre,
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Timeline for startup   Timeline for startup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 2:59 pm

the mirkwood files are being downloaded but cant seem to open them...is it maybe because they are split?
Back to top Go down
DM Di Camarii
Admin
DM Di Camarii

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Timeline for startup   Timeline for startup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:06 pm

might be, do you have 7z uncompressing on your comp? probably a stupid question, all i can think of ATM though,
Back to top Go down
Cirkeline700

Cirkeline700

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Timeline for startup   Timeline for startup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 4:41 pm

DM Di Camarii wrote:
AWESOME...

that is a great favor you just did for us and thanks alot for it, to have that confirmation is huge. glad to know it is working right (for now hehe)

for those that have the haks don't expect much when you get in there, we have not linked the start areas to anything yet other than a lounge and hall of elders, nothing is complete yet don't sweat it, there are many many areas built and ready to be linked up.

I will have a testable version up by no later than this weekend but for now test the server and your haks, stop in and if im in there as DM i will certainly show you some highlights.

Anything for this server, glad to see a proper DL mod getting up with some familiar faces in it Very Happy

and sure, if i get the time tonight i will drop in again
Back to top Go down
DM Di Camarii
Admin
DM Di Camarii

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Timeline for startup   Timeline for startup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:13 pm

the mod is hosted right now, as i said before there are only a few areas linked up but there is a transition to caergoth docks, give people a little taste at least.

i might not be able to get in there tonight but hope to.

server info:

in the roleplay section

name = Di Camarii

player password = zoe2

if you cannot get in because of haks please be sure you got the latest ones

thanks again to john for the awesome opening movie
Back to top Go down
DM Evenstar
Admin
DM Evenstar

Character sheet
Character Name: Johan Jorumus
Race: Human
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Question...   Timeline for startup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 7:58 am

Was everyone who logged in able to see the movie????

There's a badass start movie that should happen upon load-in.

If it is NOT...Then I miscalculated and the players will need to download/extract the additional (optional) movie file into their NWN-> Movies folder and they should be all set.

It really enhances the experience (I think).

The file is here if the movies doesn't play when you log in...

http://www.4shared.com/file/UuVNK7J0/DLCRFinal.html

That's it! You'll see the "badass" next time you log in!
Back to top Go down
DM Di Camarii
Admin
DM Di Camarii

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Timeline for startup   Timeline for startup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:12 am

i have no problem seeing it each time, only issue i am running into (not a big one at all) is that if i wait to skip through the movie (if i don't skip it right away) it can take a bit longer to get into the mod, you do get in but the progress bar does not show up each time, so players who do skip the movie may have to wait with a black screen for a min. if you don't skip it then the load time is normal, if you do decide to skip it (i usually don't cause it is kick ass) then do so right away.

i totally think this enhances things and sets up a dragonlance mood everytime i come in, that and the loadscreens are great added touches, thanks john.
Back to top Go down
DM Evenstar
Admin
DM Evenstar

Character sheet
Character Name: Johan Jorumus
Race: Human
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Timeline for startup   Timeline for startup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:54 am

Yes - It's done individual game side...

ie - the load tells NWN to look in the local Movies folder - so players need to download the .bik file to see it.

It's literally 60 seconds and, as Di Cammari states leaves the loadtime about the same - it's just that you see a cool little DL movie instead of a boring blue bar.

I agree and think it's totally worth the download for the mood!
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Timeline for startup   Timeline for startup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:40 pm

For some reason i cant open the mirkwood downloads as archive files....even after i found a program to join them...i'm at a loss scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
DM Di Camarii
Admin
DM Di Camarii

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Timeline for startup   Timeline for startup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:58 pm

we'll get it fixed bro, waiting for some answers back...
Back to top Go down
DM Di Camarii
Admin
DM Di Camarii

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Timeline for startup   Timeline for startup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:01 pm

kyre, what is your email, pm me it or put it here, i have two different mirkwood haks, mirkwood.hak and mirkwoodP1.hak

those might work....

dammit, one of them is 14mb, too big for email....
Back to top Go down
DM Di Camarii
Admin
DM Di Camarii

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Timeline for startup   Timeline for startup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:09 pm

yeah, those are the ones you need, i don't know how those four on the vault combine to make the two actual hak files you need for the mod.

the ones we have loaded are:

mirkwood
mirkwoodP1

so i am at a loss, i am searching the vault now to see if those are available as is....
Back to top Go down
DM Di Camarii
Admin
DM Di Camarii

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Timeline for startup   Timeline for startup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:19 pm

so when you DL all four mirkwood files then what happens, you can't extract them?
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Timeline for startup   Timeline for startup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:37 pm

I get 4 different files with the extension .001 .002 .003 .004 i tried joining them but still wont allow me to open as an archive
Back to top Go down
DM Di Camarii
Admin
DM Di Camarii

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Timeline for startup   Timeline for startup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:40 pm

have you tried to just throw those in your hak folder? probably a stupid question
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Timeline for startup   Timeline for startup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:41 pm

nope will go try that lol
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Timeline for startup   Timeline for startup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:55 pm

Got them!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Got them from here :http://wiki.avlis.org/Needed_files and downloaded the Mirkwood package
Now just need a server to try them on Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
DM Di Camarii
Admin
DM Di Camarii

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Timeline for startup   Timeline for startup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 6:47 pm

okay brother, hope your still around, was away for a couple hours but after a couple of things i want to do to the mod, such as link up all caergoth areas, then i will host, give me 15 min....
Back to top Go down
DM Di Camarii
Admin
DM Di Camarii

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Timeline for startup   Timeline for startup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 7:32 pm

its hosted now, stop in, im there for a while testing changes...

also, caergoth, which is a 5 area complex, is all linked up and i am now testing that, but most shops and areas are linked up, though no merchants yet.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider
Admin
Black Rider

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Timeline for startup   Timeline for startup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 5:07 pm

Seems to be down right now Sad . Any plans, when it will be up again?
Back to top Go down
DM Di Camarii
Admin
DM Di Camarii

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Timeline for startup   Timeline for startup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 5:18 pm

i just hosted it now, it should be up in a min

for those that want to stop in for a look the city of caergoth is all linked up (well mostly, some shops are not done yet). there are no merchants or npcs as we will be beta testing all components of the mod before finalizing those things.

caergoth has 5 exterior areas to explore, also a arcanum, smith, courts and an inn. once again none of these are set up with merchants but you can have a look at the areas at least.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider
Admin
Black Rider

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Timeline for startup   Timeline for startup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 6:08 pm

Yes! it's up, but strangly not showing in any section (I think, you didn't move it from Roleplay, but I also checked the other ones). Fortunatedly, I "favorited" it and there, it is showing.
Anyone else having this issue?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Timeline for startup   Timeline for startup - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Timeline for startup
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next