DragonLance Chronicles Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The world of Krynn...in digital, interactive form.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ranks of the Knighthood

Go down 
+2
DM Evenstar
Armageddon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Armageddon
Admin
Armageddon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

Ranks of the Knighthood Empty
PostSubject: Ranks of the Knighthood   Ranks of the Knighthood Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:45 pm

These are the accepted ranks of the Knights of Solamnia

GrandMaster..

High Clerist..
High Warrior..
High Justice..

Knight of the Rose..
Knight of the Sword..
Knight of the Crown..

Squires..
Back to top Go down
https://dlcr.forumotion.net
DM Evenstar
Admin
DM Evenstar

Character sheet
Character Name: Johan Jorumus
Race: Human
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Ranks of the Knighthood   Ranks of the Knighthood Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:06 pm

The rank structure of the Knights of Solamnia remains unchanged since the time of Vinas Solamnus. He laid down the ranks of the three Orders and based them loosely on the hierarchy of the Cavaliers of Ergoth, the order from which Solamnus himself came. The hierarchy of the Knights is unofficially divided into three groups: novitiates, those who are new to an Order; officers, those who
directly command troops in battle; and lord officers, the generals and strategists of the Knighthood. A squire of the Crown is not officially considered part of the Knighthood and therefore does not hold a military rank among the Knights.

Novitiates are those who are generally new to an Order. A novitiate may be an experienced knight, such as one who has recently become a Rose Knight, but he is still learning his role in his new Order.

The first rank held by a Knight is that of Crown Postulant. No other Order has members of postulant rank, as a postulant is newly knighted and, while he has proven himself worthy of being a Knight of Solamnia, he has yet to serve in any significant manner. Postulant is a rank a Knight rarely holds for long, as most Knights soon prove themselves worthy of advancement. Some
Knights never hold this rank, proving themselves capable of holding higher rank while still squires.

Above Crown Postulant is the rank of Knight. This is the first rank held in all three of the Orders. Knights are the backbone of the Knighthood and the largest percentage of Solamnic Knights hold this rank. The rank of Knight Officer is the rank at which a Knight is
first placed in a leadership role. He is typically placed in a company as second-in-command. A Knight officer is called a Sergeant of his Order.

When a Knight becomes an officer, he has proven himself capable of leading others. A Knight’s first real command is held at the rank of Subcaptain. Subcaptains are called Stewards of their Order. A steward is given command of a company, usually made
up of 2 knights and 10 men-at-arms.

If a Knight wishes to advance from the Order of the Crown to the Order of the Sword, or from the Order of the Sword to the Order of the Rose, it is usually done before advancing beyond steward. Once a Knight reaches the rank of Captain, he has usually decided to stay in the Order in which he currently serves.

A Knight who holds the rank of captain is called a Captain of his Order and is placed in command of a regiment, which is usually five
companies, around sixty men.

A compgroup is made up of seven regiments, which is around 420 men, and is led by a Knight with the rank of Commander.

A commander is known as a Warden of his Order. Once a Knight is raised in rank above Warden, he is a lord officer.

It is at these ranks where a Knightis placed in command of thousands of Knights and leads whole armies on the field of battle. The lowest of the lord officer ranks is that of Warrior Lord.

A warrior lord is called a Marshal of his Order. A marshal usually leads a shield, or five compgroups, more than 2,000 men.

A Lord Knight, called a Lord of his Order, commands a quadron, made up of four shields, or more than 8,000 men. There are only a handful of Lord Knights at any one time, depending on the strength of the Knighthood.

Above the Lord Knights are the three High Knights. The High Warrior commands the Knights of the Crown.

The Knights of the Sword are lead by the High Clerist.
The Knights of the Rose follow the High Justice.

Each High Knight commands the army of his Order. At full strength, each army consists of 6 quadrons (48,000 men); however, the
Knighthood has not been at full strength since before the Cataclysm.

At the head of the Knighthood is the Grand Master, who personally commands the Grand Circle of Knights on Sancrist. He is also the supreme military commander of the Knights, leading all three armies through the High Knights and Lord Knights.
Back to top Go down
DM Evenstar
Admin
DM Evenstar

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ranks of the Knighthood   Ranks of the Knighthood Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Ranks of the Knighthood Koscha11
Back to top Go down
Cirkeline700

Cirkeline700

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Ranks of the Knighthood   Ranks of the Knighthood Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:12 am

there is a rank within the order of the rose i think we should look into,

i dont actually remember the exactly name of the rank
but its a sort of rank inside the order of the rose, kinda like a special agent,
Back to top Go down
Cirkeline700

Cirkeline700

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Ranks of the Knighthood   Ranks of the Knighthood Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:19 am

There, i just found it

its called a Archknight

Rose Knight Ranks
Rank Title
0 Novice of Roses
1 Knight of Tears
2 Knight of Mind
3 Knight of Heart
4 Keeper of Roses
5 Archknight
6 Lord of Roses
7 Lord of Justice
8 High Justice

as you can see, they are rather high ranking, but i cant find any information for them at the moment, i just think it would be a interesting rank to get into the mod, its one i'd love to play,
if someone could find some information on the rank, it would be great

Last edited by Cirkeline700 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cirkeline700

Cirkeline700

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Ranks of the Knighthood   Ranks of the Knighthood Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:23 am

Nevermind xD

i found the information, i'd like to share it of course

http://www.dlnexus.com/archives/kos/display.aspx?id=14096

"The ArchKnight is a messenger and special agent of the High Justice and of the Grand Master. Often an ambassador of the Council of the Knighthood, he can be sent in special missions, or to any ruler of Solamnia to enforce the will of the Council, to judge especially intricate matters, or simply to notify any act of the Grand Master or of the Council. He is also a champion of the Knighthood, a glorious hero who walks Solamnia in a perpetual quest. The people bows at his passage, and the golden ring with the diamond, symbol of the ArchKnights, grants free passage all over Solamnia."
Back to top Go down
DM Evenstar
Admin
DM Evenstar

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ranks of the Knighthood   Ranks of the Knighthood Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 7:48 am

Sounds like a lofty career goal, young postulate.

I wonder how many years in the knighthood and how many ranks would be required to reach such a prestigious post....

Smile
Back to top Go down
DM Di Camarii
Admin
DM Di Camarii

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Ranks of the Knighthood   Ranks of the Knighthood Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:13 am

never heard of that position before, im no expert on the KOS though thats for sure.

sounds like a great role within the knights.
Back to top Go down
Cirkeline700

Cirkeline700

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Ranks of the Knighthood   Ranks of the Knighthood Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:27 am

Well

i for one will be making a character for the KoS and would not mind being one of the first squires,

me and Drake22 have been talking about making a pair siblings that are going for the KOS

why im putting in some effort to come up with some idears
Back to top Go down
Cirkeline700

Cirkeline700

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Ranks of the Knighthood   Ranks of the Knighthood Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:34 am

DM Evenstar wrote:
Sounds like a lofty career goal, young postulate.

I wonder how many years in the knighthood and how many ranks would be required to reach such a prestigious post....

Smile

actually i think a single heroic act can do it if its grand enough, as stated, they are Great heroes of Solamnia
Back to top Go down
DM Di Camarii
Admin
DM Di Camarii

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Ranks of the Knighthood   Ranks of the Knighthood Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 11:04 am

would love to see a couple of sibling knights, that always makes for a great story. even if it means drake won't take up his usual nasty black robe for the tower....hehe
Back to top Go down
Cirkeline700

Cirkeline700

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Ranks of the Knighthood   Ranks of the Knighthood Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 1:43 pm

we talked it over on msn, it was his idear infact Very Happy,

we would have gone for the KoT Razz

but well!, have to do with the goody two shoes knights ^^ get the server up you!
Back to top Go down
DM Di Camarii
Admin
DM Di Camarii

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Ranks of the Knighthood   Ranks of the Knighthood Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 2:27 pm

it was just up....i can rehost but can't show you around right now, got alot of build work to do,
Back to top Go down
Cirkeline700

Cirkeline700

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Ranks of the Knighthood   Ranks of the Knighthood Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 2:42 pm

DM Di Camarii wrote:
it was just up....i can rehost but can't show you around right now, got alot of build work to do,

No worries, i gotta take care of my homework anyway tonight
Back to top Go down
Drake22

Drake22

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Ranks of the Knighthood   Ranks of the Knighthood Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 2:58 pm

Yeah, No Black robe this time around, time to draw steel and win battles Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dreddwulf88

Dreddwulf88

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Ranks of the Knighthood   Ranks of the Knighthood Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 9:17 pm

I agree. I think a rotation from spell to steel is in order Wink.
Back to top Go down
Cirkeline700

Cirkeline700

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Ranks of the Knighthood   Ranks of the Knighthood Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 11:03 am

and Drake needs to play a new lovable Character

his black robe was just a Huge Duche ****bag =/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ranks of the Knighthood   Ranks of the Knighthood Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ranks of the Knighthood
Page 1 of 1