The world of Krynn...in digital, interactive form.

HomeHome  MemberlistMemberlist  GalleryGallery  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Sub Race skin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zelcandra

PostSubject: Sub Race skin   Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:19 pm

Sub race skin seems buggy, now that I got sub race to work by copy/paste on name so spelling and caps are exact. Any way, elf skin is showing up in inventory when Kagonesti Elf skin is equipped.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Rider
Admin

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Sub Race skin   Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:26 pm

Zelcandra wrote:
Sub race skin seems buggy, now that I got sub race to work by copy/paste on name so spelling and caps are exact.  Any way, elf skin is showing up in inventory when Kagonesti Elf skin is equipped.

Thanks for the report! I'll look into it.

And remember: Due to tech reasons, the skin will be unequipped/re-equipped upon logging off/on. So additional spells learned need to be relearned upon entering the server anew.

AKA TheOneBlackRider / An-Marcach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zelcandra

PostSubject: Re: Sub Race skin   Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:33 pm

Also the Kagonesti skin seems a bit harsh on stats, +2 Con, -2 Int, -2 Cha, added to base Elf mods of +2 Dex, -2 Con, making the race +2 Dex, -2 Int, -2 Cha. Stock elf may be better over all...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Rider
Admin

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Sub Race skin   Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:00 pm

You are right! Something is going amiss. Sorry. We never stumbled upon this.

You have gotten an additional PC Properties Skin. It seems to be happening, when the skin influences stats like strength, ...
There seems to be no quick fix to this and I have to see, if I manage to find the resref or the right script causing this...

Info and maybe help:
https://neverwintervault.org/comment/4203

Quote :
A quick fix that I've read about all over the place is for the affected player to drag the skin onto any quick slot, click on it to re-equip it then drag something else onto the quick slot to clear it out.  For player characters, it does not matter if you have a PC Properties Skin equipped already while doing this because for players, the equipped skin is automatically destroyed when a new one is equipped.

Quote :
Or players could simply drag their skins to quickbar and click on the appropriate button F1-F12 and their skin would be equiped and disappear from inventory Smile

Exclamation If you tried something, please report. Exclamation

And I'm open to suggestions regarding the skin stats.

BTW: Moved this to the BUG-section... cyclops

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Rider
Admin

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Sub Race skin   Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:06 pm

Black Rider wrote:

Quote :
A quick fix that I've read about all over the place is for the affected player to drag the skin onto any quick slot, click on it to re-equip it then drag something else onto the quick slot to clear it out.  For player characters, it does not matter if you have a PC Properties Skin equipped already while doing this because for players, the equipped skin is automatically destroyed when a new one is equipped.

Quote :
Or players could simply drag their skins to quickbar and click on the appropriate button F1-F12 and their skin would be equiped and disappear from inventory Smile

Well, that didn't do it for me. I ended up with even more skins in my inv... Shocked

OK, found some maybe helpful skript stuff, which I need to check out first though.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Rider
Admin

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Sub Race skin   Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:17 am

Added some script lines, so ALL skins are removed from the PC upon entering the server.
After that, the correct subrace skin is added and applied.

One (kind of issue) is, that, after a log off, the subrace skin appears as "PC Properties" in the inventory, but the stat adjustments are applied correctly, so I leave that for now and will look into this some other time.

REMEMBER to keep a 2x2 space in your 1st inventory field, if the PC gets a subrace skin!

And I adjusted the skin-stats for Kagonesti:
Added strength +1
changed charisma and intelligence to -1 (instead of -2).

Is that OK now?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Rider
Admin

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Sub Race skin   Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:12 am

OK, I tweaked the script a bit more.
Intresting enough, even though the skin gets added, now no skin appears in the inventory, but the stats are adjusted. I think, that these skins are not really supposed to show up in the inventory, and those who were, were doubles.
Well, it would be nice, if players would pay attention to it (if they play a subrace skin toon) and report, if something isn't working.

Addon: I also edited soem of the skins of other subraces (see dlcr.forumotion.net/t93-module-mechanics)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sub Race skin   

Back to top Go down

Sub Race skin
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DragonLance Chronicles Reborn :: DragonLance Chronicles Re-Born :: Bugs and Errors-
Jump to: