DragonLance Chronicles Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The world of Krynn...in digital, interactive form.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Unified Trade Association

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fallenblades

Unified Trade Association Empty
PostSubject: Unified Trade Association   Unified Trade Association Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 6:36 am

Curious if a guild, whos main objective is operating trade routes, laws, goods, resources, caravan protection, caravan movements, ect is open for discussion.

The guild would be open to any who had knowledge of how trade laws operate, and how goods are priced. This would include dealings with blacksmiths, alchemists, inventors of various items, as well as traders from any profession.

I do have spare time, and on top of what im working on for the mod, I can design a demo system for crafts and a trade system. Might not be able to effectively script it however I can do the basic structure and outline work just to get an idea of how it would work.

If needed I can post more details, just curious if this type of guild would be considered.
Back to top Go down
Breathless_Dragon
Admin
Breathless_Dragon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Unified Trade Association   Unified Trade Association Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 11:10 pm

fallenblades wrote:
Curious if a guild, whos main objective is operating trade routes, laws, goods, resources, caravan protection, caravan movements, ect is open for discussion.

The guild would be open to any who had knowledge of how trade laws operate, and how goods are priced. This would include dealings with blacksmiths, alchemists, inventors of various items, as well as traders from any profession.

I do have spare time, and on top of what im working on for the mod, I can design a demo system for crafts and a trade system. Might not be able to effectively script it however I can do the basic structure and outline work just to get an idea of how it would work.

If needed I can post more details, just curious if this type of guild would be considered.

I do not mind you taking a crack at this. Dragonlance as a setting is not really geared toward this type of thing, trade in Solamnic areas is controlled by the local lord and likewise with the DA areas. Burt why not! I am open to new things.

BD
Back to top Go down
Black Rider
Admin
Black Rider

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Unified Trade Association   Unified Trade Association Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 8:54 am

Just as an info: We have the beginning of something like this:

Caravan delivery: Talk to one of the caravan masters at (ATM) Haven (Fairgrounds), Solace (Southern Outskirts) or Crossing to get a delivery task. You'll get a reward, when it's completed.

It's based on the caravan system by Axe M. (Killer_Caravan_Quest_System_v1.1). But it's open to any toon and not connected to any guild.
Back to top Go down
fallenblades

PostSubject: Re: Unified Trade Association   Unified Trade Association Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 5:54 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Just as an info: We have the beginning of something like this:

Caravan delivery: Talk to one of the caravan masters at (ATM) Haven (Fairgrounds), Solace (Southern Outskirts) or Crossing to get a delivery task. You'll get a reward, when it's completed.

It's based on the caravan system by Axe M. (Killer_Caravan_Quest_System_v1.1). But it's open to any toon and not connected to any guild.

I've done a few of these quests, and so far ive enjoyed the feel behind them. I was thinking of something more that expanded upon this element and instead of just transporting caravans, expanding to say having influence in stores, or even setting up player ran stores that other players can interact with. Such as opening new stores in different areas or having in game conversation options to haggle with merchants for better prices. Instead of skill dumping into appraise and letting the in game mechanic roll a dice for luck instead of having a real chance to lower that price by a chunk or get more for something youd figure is worth more.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider
Admin
Black Rider

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Unified Trade Association   Unified Trade Association Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 7:53 am

fallenblades wrote:
I've done a few of these quests, and so far ive enjoyed the feel behind them. I was thinking of something more that expanded upon this element and instead of just transporting caravans, expanding to say having influence in stores, or even setting up player ran stores that other players can interact with. Such as opening new stores in different areas or having in game conversation options to haggle with merchants for better prices. Instead of skill dumping into appraise and letting the in game mechanic roll a dice for luck instead of having a real chance to lower that price by a chunk or get more for something youd figure is worth more.

affraid Would be intresting but a BIG task, I'd say - quiet time consuming!
Back to top Go down
Breathless_Dragon
Admin
Breathless_Dragon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Unified Trade Association   Unified Trade Association Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 6:07 pm

Black Rider wrote:
fallenblades wrote:

In Dragonlance when a character makes reference to the Guild, they usually mean the Thieves Guild. The TG is based in Palanthas but does have influence throughout the world - in both Knight and Dragon Army areas. They have control over trade, protection rackets, etc. Would this not be the sort of Guild you mean?

I know you are describing more of a classic Merchants Guild idea, but many of the areas and gear for the TG are already in the mod waiting to be activated and used.

food for thought.

BD

http://dragonlancenexus.com/lexicon/index.php?title=Palanthas_(City)

http://dragonlancenexus.com/lexicon/index.php?title=Thieves%27_Guild
Back to top Go down
fallenblades

PostSubject: Re: Unified Trade Association   Unified Trade Association Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 7:05 pm

Breathless_Dragon wrote:
Black Rider wrote:
fallenblades wrote:

In Dragonlance when a character makes reference to the Guild, they usually mean the Thieves Guild.  The TG is based in Palanthas but does have influence throughout the world - in both Knight and Dragon Army areas.  They have control over trade, protection rackets, etc.  Would this not be the sort of Guild you mean?

I know you are describing more of a classic Merchants Guild idea, but many of the areas and gear for the TG are already in the mod waiting to be activated and used.

food for thought.

BD

http://dragonlancenexus.com/lexicon/index.php?title=Palanthas_(City)

http://dragonlancenexus.com/lexicon/index.php?title=Thieves%27_Guild

I'd very much like to know more about this thieves guild and the concept behind it if its not too much trouble. I've not seen anything in game describing a thieves guild, but if that's a system that's in the mod id very much be interested in seeing how it ticks.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider
Admin
Black Rider

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Unified Trade Association   Unified Trade Association Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 3:06 am

Breathless_Dragon wrote:
In Dragonlance when a character makes reference to the Guild, they usually mean the Thieves Guild.  The TG is based in Palanthas but does have influence throughout the world - in both Knight and Dragon Army areas.  They have control over trade, protection rackets, etc.  Would this not be the sort of Guild you mean?

fallenblades wrote:
I'd very much like to know more about this thieves guild and the concept behind it if its not too much trouble. I've not seen anything in game describing a thieves guild, but if that's a system that's in the mod id very much be interested in seeing how it ticks.

Well, we do have items and we do have a (working) thieves guild area. Since Palanthas is still missing, it's not connected atm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unified Trade Association   Unified Trade Association Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unified Trade Association
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DragonLance Chronicles Reborn :: DLCR Storybook :: Pre-354 RP [Locked] :: Un-Official Guilds :: New Guild Requests-
Jump to: