The world of Krynn...in digital, interactive form.
 
HomeHome  MemberlistMemberlist  GalleryGallery  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Excellent Hide Armor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fallenblades



Posts : 49
Join date : 2015-07-05

PostSubject: Excellent Hide Armor   Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:01 pm

Found a suit of Excellent hide armor today while playing and while my intial reaction was that of joy for finding an upgraded version of what my pc wears, I was sadly trolled because its only hide armor in name. Not sure if its a bug but the armor I found is called Excellent Hide Armor however its base is that of Half Plate. Just curious if it can be replaced with a hide armor version or if I should just sell it and try my luck elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zelcandra

avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2013-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Excellent Hide Armor   Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:43 pm

Yah... some of the armors are stepped up to simulate masterwork/crafted with out making them enchanted. The merchant in Que-Teh sales a bit of custom armors like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breathless_Dragon
Admin
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2010-09-19

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Excellent Hide Armor   Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:50 pm

fallenblades wrote:
Found a suit of Excellent hide armor today while playing and while my intial reaction was that of joy for finding an upgraded version of what my pc wears, I was sadly trolled because its only hide armor in name. Not sure if its a bug but the armor I found is called Excellent Hide Armor however its base is that of Half Plate. Just curious if it can be replaced with a hide armor version or if I should just sell it and try my luck elsewhere.

Yes there are a number of items that were created by past builders that are still in the tool set that are not properly done. I found a few but I know there are more.

BD

_________________
BD *Puffs*   study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fallenblades



Posts : 49
Join date : 2015-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Excellent Hide Armor   Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:55 pm

Zelcandra wrote:
Yah... some of the armors are stepped up to simulate masterwork/crafted with out making them enchanted.  The merchant in Que-Teh sales a bit of custom armors like that.

The issue with that is however is that its a bit of a killjoy if your jumping armor categories to simulate upgraded armors. An extra feat and working around the extra weight without much of a way to boost str in order to carry it, isn't worth it for a pc based off dex.

EDIT: Actually im willing to say its unfair for a dex based character such as a rogue who say now has to get two feats just to wear an ' upgraded hide armor '.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breathless_Dragon
Admin
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2010-09-19

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Excellent Hide Armor   Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:20 pm

fallenblades wrote:
Zelcandra wrote:
Yah... some of the armors are stepped up to simulate masterwork/crafted with out making them enchanted.  The merchant in Que-Teh sales a bit of custom armors like that.

The issue with that is however is that its a bit of a killjoy if your jumping armor categories to simulate upgraded armors. An extra feat and working around the extra weight without much of a way to boost str in order to carry it, isn't worth it for a pc based off dex.

EDIT: Actually im willing to say its unfair for a dex based character such as a rogue who say now has to get two feats just to wear an ' upgraded hide armor '.

Well like I said Fallen - there are items that are messed up in this mod. We can help you re-lev for character if you did not want those Feats. I don't like the way things are messed up but believe me fixing things like this takes a long time. Last time I dug into this was to fix some weapons like a Heavy Mace (dumb item that is not actually treated as a mace) and Kukri that were not actually Kukris. Took me two straight weeks of work to change these out and remove them completely from the toolset.

So a list of the items we need to change / remove is helpful.

BD

_________________
BD *Puffs*   study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fallenblades



Posts : 49
Join date : 2015-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Excellent Hide Armor   Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:06 pm

Breathless_Dragon wrote:
fallenblades wrote:
Zelcandra wrote:
Yah... some of the armors are stepped up to simulate masterwork/crafted with out making them enchanted.  The merchant in Que-Teh sales a bit of custom armors like that.

The issue with that is however is that its a bit of a killjoy if your jumping armor categories to simulate upgraded armors. An extra feat and working around the extra weight without much of a way to boost str in order to carry it, isn't worth it for a pc based off dex.

EDIT: Actually im willing to say its unfair for a dex based character such as a rogue who say now has to get two feats just to wear an ' upgraded hide armor '.

Well like I said Fallen - there are items that are messed up in this mod.  We can help you re-lev for character if you did not want those Feats.  I don't like the way things are messed up but believe me fixing things like this takes a long time.  Last time I dug into this was to fix some weapons like a Heavy Mace (dumb item that is not actually treated as a mace) and Kukri that were not actually Kukris.  Took me two straight weeks of work to change these out and remove them completely from the toolset.  

So a list of the items we need to change / remove is helpful.

BD

Im not talking about my own pc, im speaking in general for other pcs and classes. Im not going to get another armor feat because I can work around it, but my point was just that it was misleading.  And trust me I know all too well about how long it takes to fix things in mods.

Yeah all the cep weapons are just modeled items added into the game and its extremely difficult if not impossible to successfully to work around the hard coded weapon system. The heavy mace isn't too much of an issue especially when the heavy mace is an undeads bane as well as golems, but the kukris can be annoying to deal with. Weapon Feats are too overrated anyways and losing 1 ab seems to scare a lot of players.


As for a list of whats needed to change, I have no idea what's within the item creation guidelines of the mod. Im still trying to figure out just how high the magic level cap is, because I only see at most +2 items in game so far, and yet multiple players are posting in the auction house +4 items for sell with some pretty impressive stats. I was told when I first started playing +1 anything was a very uncommon item, and so far im finding more +1 items then I can find of non magical items, so im not sure what I should report and what I should ignore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breathless_Dragon
Admin
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2010-09-19

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Excellent Hide Armor   Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:19 pm

fallenblades wrote:

As for a list of whats needed to change, I have no idea what's within the item creation guidelines of the mod. Im still trying to figure out just how high the magic level cap is, because I only see at most +2 items in game so far, and yet multiple players are posting in the auction house +4 items for sell with some pretty impressive stats. I was told when I first started playing +1 anything was a very uncommon item, and so far im finding more +1 items then I can find of non magical items, so im not sure what I should report and what I should ignore.

There is a difference between items found in stores and those you find on quests. Yes, there are +3 and better items available to be found on epic quests and the players who put those items up for auction have been playing this mod for years - so I am not surprised what they had.

I appreciate what you're saying with regard to magic items. The idea of DL is a low magic world - but that does not mean you cannot find it at all. We just do not want to make it incredibly easy to buy a +3 or better weapons.

Hope that helps.

BD

_________________
BD *Puffs*   study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zelcandra

avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2013-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Excellent Hide Armor   Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:34 pm

Yuffiel tends to come across upper end gear just because of her lvl and tends to give it away, really a packrat and cant bear to sell it knowing the server is resetting 10 minutes later with my play time being off from every one else's currently. Another two weeks and work winds down for a month, though my vacation days still haven't been posted for that period...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fallenblades



Posts : 49
Join date : 2015-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Excellent Hide Armor   Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:15 am

Breathless_Dragon wrote:
fallenblades wrote:

As for a list of whats needed to change, I have no idea what's within the item creation guidelines of the mod. Im still trying to figure out just how high the magic level cap is, because I only see at most +2 items in game so far, and yet multiple players are posting in the auction house +4 items for sell with some pretty impressive stats. I was told when I first started playing +1 anything was a very uncommon item, and so far im finding more +1 items then I can find of non magical items, so im not sure what I should report and what I should ignore.

There is a difference between items found in stores and those you find on quests.  Yes, there are +3 and better items available to be found on epic quests and the players who put those items up for auction have been playing this mod for years - so I am not surprised what they had.

I appreciate what you're saying with regard to magic items.  The idea of DL is a low magic world - but that does not mean you cannot find it at all.  We just do not want to make it incredibly easy to buy a +3 or better weapons.

Hope that helps.

BD

So say I find an item that gives me 3 uses per day of 6 different spells. Would that be an allowed item to have builder/mechanically wise or would that be something id have to give up?  Id rather not start leveling up in one of my intended classes earlier than I want to for something well worth the sacrifice, just to have it taken away and me be left with asking for a relevel.




EDIT: This is the item I found and have kept with intention to use. Due to my characters background and studies of various methods to work and operate magical items that do not require arcane essence directed applied, I don't feel it would be out of character for my character to have interest in keeping this item for his personal needs. However the spells, and uses of spells indicate this item reeks of Necromancy and possibly associated with Chemosh the god of undead. Not saying it is just saying it could be intended to be related. Would I need to puff puff give or can I play with it to my hearts content?

" Tears of Vivaldi "

Animate Dead 3 Uses/Day
Bestow Curse 3 Uses/Day
Create Undead 1 Uses/Day
Crumble 3 Uses/Day
Dirge 3 Uses/Day
Drown 3 Uses/Day
Only Used By : Bards

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breathless_Dragon
Admin
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2010-09-19

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Excellent Hide Armor   Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:30 pm

fallenblades wrote:

EDIT: This is the item I found and have kept with intention to use. Due to my characters background and studies of various methods to work and operate magical items that do not require arcane essence directed applied, I don't feel it would be out of character for my character to have interest in keeping this item for his personal needs. However the spells, and uses of spells indicate this item reeks of Necromancy and possibly associated with Chemosh the god of undead. Not saying it is just saying it could be intended to be related. Would I need to puff puff give or can I play with it to my hearts content?

" Tears of Vivaldi "

Animate Dead 3 Uses/Day
Bestow Curse 3 Uses/Day
Create Undead 1 Uses/Day
Crumble 3 Uses/Day
Dirge 3 Uses/Day
Drown 3 Uses/Day
Only Used By : Bards


If you found this item then you found it. It's yours. If the powers of the item fits with your character then also great! I do not see why this is a problem. As this is an RP server the way you use items and such is always tested against the ethos that you say you character follows. Unfortunately it is not possible to list a hard and fast set of rules for this - but I personally allow a fairly broad range of behaviour that can be justified for any alignment or ethos. Rule # 1 - tell a good story and ye shall pass.

BD

_________________
BD *Puffs*   study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Rider
Admin
avatar

Posts : 701
Join date : 2010-02-11
Location : Germany

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Excellent Hide Armor   Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:49 am

fallenblades wrote:
Found a suit of Excellent hide armor today while playing and while my intial reaction was that of joy for finding an upgraded version of what my pc wears, I was sadly trolled because its only hide armor in name. Not sure if its a bug but the armor I found is called Excellent Hide Armor however its base is that of Half Plate. Just curious if it can be replaced with a hide armor version or if I should just sell it and try my luck elsewhere.

Different people worked on different parts of the module (when the project was started) and since mankind tends to be short in time due to this RL-thing, some things may be flawed, as BD stated.
Thanks for reporting it. We'll be trying to edge these out, but it's a bit of a pain, as BD wrote. So, sorry about these flaws.

But in general, DL is low magic, so the concept is to normally have no magiced items (like armor, weapons, ...) - say with a +1 - in the stores reachable by any toon. So here you normally find only items with a little non magical enhancement, which are named "good, excellent, masterwork".

_________________


AKA TheOneBlackRider / An-Marcach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Excellent Hide Armor   

Back to top Go down
 
Excellent Hide Armor
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DragonLance Chronicles Reborn :: DragonLance Chronicles Re-Born :: Bugs and Errors-
Jump to: