The world of Krynn...in digital, interactive form.
 
HomeHome  MemberlistMemberlist  GalleryGallery  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Rust bugs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mahren

avatar

Posts : 42
Join date : 2013-08-01
Age : 28
Location : Dinland

PostSubject: Rust bugs    Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:39 pm

Came back from holiday and decided to check the new areas off-game with Wynter. Bad bad idea... Rust bugs got my stuff. I remember that someone once mentioned, that these devil spawns of metal omnoming should be removed from server. True or just speculations?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wynter

avatar

Posts : 24
Join date : 2013-07-12
Age : 28
Location : Dinland

PostSubject: Re: Rust bugs    Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:41 pm

rust bugs of doooom... although I'm surprised they didn't eat anything from Aisha. This time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fallenblades



Posts : 49
Join date : 2015-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Rust bugs    Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:07 am

Mahren wrote:
Came back from holiday and decided to check the new areas off-game with Wynter. Bad bad idea... Rust bugs got my stuff. I remember that someone once mentioned, that these devil spawns of metal omnoming should be removed from server. True or just speculations?


Where are the rust bugs if I may ask? What area by name if its possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wynter

avatar

Posts : 24
Join date : 2013-07-12
Age : 28
Location : Dinland

PostSubject: Re: Rust bugs    Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:19 am

I think I have seen them in at least four places... Have to say I don't remember any of the area names right now. Maybe Mahren or Zemy remembers?
But anyway, in the desert before skulcap mire/swamp area (it also has a stone that has some kind of poem about Thorbandir in it).
Somewhere under Xak Tsaroth. Zemy knows better where exactly.
Somewhere in the way from Riggid (...Riggit? anyway, the little shore town) to Tarsis, near a shipwreck.
And this one was in a cave on the way to Palanthas, just after the giant slugs, or after the ravine if you come from another direction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fallenblades



Posts : 49
Join date : 2015-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Rust bugs    Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:39 pm

Wynter wrote:
I think I have seen them in at least four places... Have to say I don't remember any of the area names right now. Maybe Mahren or Zemy remembers?
But anyway, in the desert before skulcap mire/swamp area (it also has a stone that has some kind of poem about Thorbandir in it).
Somewhere under Xak Tsaroth. Zemy knows better where exactly.
Somewhere in the way from Riggid (...Riggit? anyway, the little shore town) to Tarsis, near a shipwreck.
And this one was in a cave on the way to Palanthas, just after the giant slugs, or after the ravine if you come from another direction.



Alright thank you. BD might see this post before I post in the build zone about it, but I'll mention it to BD and Black Rider about removing them or if the rust monsters of doom are being kept.

What exactly did you guys lose equipment wise? Was it something pretty big or easily replaceable?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breathless_Dragon
Admin
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2010-09-19

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Rust bugs    Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:04 pm

fallenblades wrote:

Alright thank you. BD might see this post before I post in the build zone about it, but I'll mention it to BD and Black Rider about removing them or if the rust monsters of doom are being kept.

What exactly did you guys lose equipment wise? Was it something pretty big or easily replaceable?

I took Faylin through the Palanthas area that has the Rust Monsters and I agree... there are too many of them, they move too fast and the result of a encounter with them is a bit much. So I am all for replacing these encounters.

BD

_________________
BD *Puffs*   study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fallenblades



Posts : 49
Join date : 2015-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Rust bugs    Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:47 am

Breathless_Dragon wrote:
fallenblades wrote:

Alright thank you. BD might see this post before I post in the build zone about it, but I'll mention it to BD and Black Rider about removing them or if the rust monsters of doom are being kept.

What exactly did you guys lose equipment wise? Was it something pretty big or easily replaceable?

I took Faylin through the Palanthas area that has the Rust Monsters and I agree... there are too many of them, they move too fast and the result of a encounter with them is a bit much.  So I am all for replacing these encounters.

BD

How about replacing them with Bloodragers? Bestiary of Kyrnn page 78.

Basically a dire wolf contaminated with a disease called Blood-Fury, resembling modern day rabies.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mahren

avatar

Posts : 42
Join date : 2013-08-01
Age : 28
Location : Dinland

PostSubject: Re: Rust bugs    Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:38 am

fallenblades wrote:

What exactly did you guys lose equipment wise? Was it something pretty big or easily replaceable?

I lost Longsword +3 Holy and Full Plate + 4. Kinda high value items that I myself have not come across often. So I placed a request on the auction house section. Will happily buy them Laughing Gotta keep my boyscout Seros safe and sound~

And huzzah for replacement monsters!! bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fallenblades



Posts : 49
Join date : 2015-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Rust bugs    Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:55 pm

Mahren wrote:
fallenblades wrote:

What exactly did you guys lose equipment wise? Was it something pretty big or easily replaceable?

I lost Longsword +3 Holy and Full Plate + 4. Kinda high value items that I myself have not come across often. So I placed a request on the auction house section. Will happily buy them Laughing Gotta keep my boyscout Seros safe and sound~

And huzzah for replacement monsters!! bounce

Seeing as this more an oops on the builders side of things than players, id even go as far to say I think the equipment should be replaced free of charge. At the very least do a quest that allows you to repair your equipment and possibly destroy the den of rust monsters through use of explosives or other means. Just food for thought ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wynter

avatar

Posts : 24
Join date : 2013-07-12
Age : 28
Location : Dinland

PostSubject: Re: Rust bugs    Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:56 pm

they are actually kinda easy to kill... if you are high level enough. And naked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fallenblades



Posts : 49
Join date : 2015-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Rust bugs    Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:11 pm

Wynter wrote:
they are actually kinda easy to kill... if you are high level enough. And naked.

True warriors fight nude with their fists.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Rider
Admin
avatar

Posts : 701
Join date : 2010-02-11
Location : Germany

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Rust bugs    Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:41 am

fallenblades wrote:
Wynter wrote:
they are actually kinda easy to kill... if you are high level enough. And naked.

True warriors fight nude with their fists.

Hm... plan was to have farmers as a special class. These were meant to be the rust monter specialists to fight them with their simple working clothes and a wooden hay fork. That could have done it, we thought! Very Happy
Well, that class has never been implemented here, so... Rolling Eyes

And it was said, that we were going to remove those encounters? I must have totally missed that! Embarassed
OK, we'll be looking for a solution. I don't have any problems with the the lost gear being replaced.
BTW.: Thanks for checking the areas out!

_________________


AKA TheOneBlackRider / An-Marcach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Rider
Admin
avatar

Posts : 701
Join date : 2010-02-11
Location : Germany

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Rust bugs    Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:24 am

Rustmonsters are not removed, but I created a special "krynnish" version. Equipment is not in danger anymore.

BTW., did you notice, that there is a chance that metal objects on the ground distract the rustmonster and they might stop fighting for a bit to investigate the object (and maybe devour it)?

_________________


AKA TheOneBlackRider / An-Marcach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Rust bugs    

Back to top Go down
 
Rust bugs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DragonLance Chronicles Reborn :: DragonLance Chronicles Re-Born :: Member Help-
Jump to: