DragonLance Chronicles Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The world of Krynn...in digital, interactive form.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reasons to play a Knight Character

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Breathless_Dragon
Admin
Breathless_Dragon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

Reasons to play a Knight Character Empty
PostSubject: Reasons to play a Knight Character   Reasons to play a Knight Character Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 3:26 pm

One of the reasons I find so interesting about playing a knight character in a DL setting (during the War of the Lance time period) is the state of disarray and apathy that surrounds the knighthood during this period.  Throwing in the War against the Dragon Armies and you have a perfect ingredients for series of wonderful and complex RP were the character can bring a stodgy group into a new era, and set a new course.

It does however require a great deal of patience and dedication on the part of the player, because there are no instant successes.  Most servers seem to have a same issues in attracting and keeping knight player characters; it's so much effort to deal with the rules and the perceptions of knighthood that  most pass on it all together, and those who do have a high drop out rate when they do not see their contribution bear fruit quickly enough.

The way to have fun with it is to RP small victories and slowly introduce your big ideas.  Remember, those Players who have stuck with their knight characters for a long time have done so for a reason; they like this the way they are.  Which is actually true to the novels.  But if you are really good, and you are patient, one day you will convince your fellow knight players to adopt something you have proposed.

The type of knight character that I enjoy playing is interested in Honour, Justice and Fair Play.  She judges other characters based on their actions (as she can determine); she always gives others the benefit of the doubt (even to some unsavory characters).  She will always defends the weak, never strikes first (unless a friend is senselessly attacked), and offers mercy as soon as her opponent is at a disadvantage.

Some might disagree with this but I find playing a knight character who looks for the good in everyone, and will even try to turn her enemy back to the light, is a lot of fun to play.  My inspiration for this character type are archetypes like Luke Skywalker, Sir Lancelot, etc.

In the DL world there is an archetype for this type of character and that is Paladine, look it up, I provided the link.   I've also included a link to some
info on the Knights, also on DL Nexus.  

These are some of my favourite quotes.

Said that justice be sought in peace before using the sword.
Stated to know thy enemy.
Stated to not take life needlessly and to fight only in defense.

Hope this gives some more folks a reason to play a knight character; see you IG.
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Reasons to play a Knight Character   Reasons to play a Knight Character Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 4:46 pm

Yip agree with that BD...one thing i would add is that as a Knight LG doesn't mean Lawful Nice....I've had a lot of fun and been called a lot of nasty names as a LG Knight who might in todays language be called a bitch! Very Happy Very Happy
kyre
Back to top Go down
Breathless_Dragon
Admin
Breathless_Dragon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Reasons to play a Knight Character   Reasons to play a Knight Character Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 8:12 pm

kyre wrote:
Yip agree with that BD...one thing i would add is that as a Knight LG doesn't mean Lawful Nice....I've had a lot of fun and been called a lot of nasty names as a LG Knight who might in todays language be called a bitch! Very Happy Very Happy
kyre

*big nods* I used to play Ariana as nice nice.... but have since shifted to Lawful FU Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reasons to play a Knight Character   Reasons to play a Knight Character Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reasons to play a Knight Character
Page 1 of 1